I love these little roses. They are so easy to make, and the results are always one-of-a-kind. (Like real flowers!) My method was inspired by paper roses on Pinterest.
1. You will need:
- Sculpey, or any other polymer clay.
- Tortilla press, or two plates, or a cast iron skillet
- Plastic wrap, or a baggie with the sides cut out
- A knife (definitely not the gnarly looking razor blade I used)
- Glue, something clear and permanent
- A ring base
2. Take a small piece of clay and roll it into a long, thin snake shape.
3-4. Arrange it into a spiral in between the plastic wrap (or baggie) and smash it. Don’t go crazy, you don’t want to annihilate the thing. A gentle pressing with any heavy object will do.
5. Once flattened, begin rolling working from the outside in, you can vary how tightly you coil it to make a fluffier rose. The bottom will be a little wonky when you’re finished, so use a knife to level it off.
6. Bake according to the directions on your clay. Sculpey says: Bake at 275 °F (130 °C) for 15 minutes per 1/4 in (6 mm) thickness.
7-8. After it’s cooled, you can carefully file away any imperfections. Then affix it to your ring base and allow to dry. And, voilà!
They make great hair pins too!
And look pretty snazzy in bunches!
- obsessedwithtmr1d5sossleep-oops likes this
- thatonecountrygirl1996 likes this
- eunoia-of-the-mind reblogged this from makinglovely
- hi-awkward-im-dad reblogged this from makinglovely
- inuhana1993 likes this
- bochechasrosadas likes this
- opulent-sapphire reblogged this from makinglovely
- darkandtwisty-wallflower13 likes this
- peanutbutterlovato likes this
- ouretsystore likes this
- i-am-secretly-a-ginger likes this
- antojb likes this
- systematically-insane likes this
- paceinspace likes this
- thediamondjag-inspiration reblogged this from makinglovely
- misspinupvintage likes this
- versatum likes this
- joshua-ryans-ass likes this
- boyciebannie reblogged this from makinglovely
- flash-crash reblogged this from makinglovely
- yeah-yay likes this
- saradotkap likes this
- runsonpixistix likes this
- a-mandaaah likes this
- be-me-be-you-be-no-one likes this
- dovasery likes this
- sonsofyolo reblogged this from makinglovely
- jmdiyblog reblogged this from makinglovely
- enlightenmeplzz likes this
- thepringleispolygamous likes this
- nadyeahh likes this
- bouquetofsoul likes this
- diy-crazy reblogged this from makinglovely and added:
- grandtheftcanine reblogged this from makinglovely
- marupocalypse likes this
- yralpaca likes this
- drzebrapants likes this
- unnspoken-words likes this
- xlcrmoon likes this
- lunarfootprints likes this
- spacespruce likes this
- happybeinghalfandhalf likes this
- soulbehindthemusic likes this
- makeitelectric likes this
- recoverylover reblogged this from makinglovely
- vanhout-le1st likes this
- mindymasters likes this
- pativargas likes this
- forgivexme likes this